Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

What on earth am I here for?

I bet this question came across to each and everyone's mind. But how many of us got the answer to this question?
About 2 years ago, one of my friends gave a book to me.... called "THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE" by RICK WARREN.





This book consists of 40 chapter and the reader is encouraged to read a chapter a day. I read Chapter 1 and that's all. Well, to non-christian believer like me, this book is very difficult to understand and it won't catch your attention. I should also blame myself as I am not a gal that is really into reading books. I guess, all this while, I only read 3 - 4 books.......pai seh pai seh....

2 years after, my friend asked me if I am interested to join a course organised by a church. Well, all this while, i really wish i can join christian. To me, kids that grows in Christian family is always well behave. Maybe because since I am young, I mixed around with lots of Christian friend and many of my Christian friends are really knowledgeable and well behave.

At first, I felt a bit reluctant to join the course. This is because I dun wan to have aggressive people who always push me. So i rejected. However, I still see the flyer given to me...... when i read carefully, I saw the book "THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE" printed on it. This really caught my attention. Therefore finally I decided to join....partly also, my boss keeps asking me to join..... :p

My class is actually every Friday, 8pm to 11pm. It will end for 7 weeks.... to date, i have attended 2 classes...... yesterday class really makes me think that series of events happened for the past 2 weeks brought me to that class..... for the past 2 weeks, there are some "unreasonable" colleagues ane makes me real angry...... feel like crying..... but yesterday, I learnt during our discussion..... love those who hates u and bless those who curse u.... this really makes me feel better.....maybe i should not angry at them, but just cool myself...... like what is stated in the Bible .... Matthew 22:37-39, Jesus said the greatest commands are to love GOD and your neighbour and including your enemy....this is really my take away during my class yesterday..... so from today onwards, I sould always practice love those who hates u and bless those who curse u.......

From today onwards, I would share what I learn every class in my blog... so shall wait for next week class and see what is my take away.....

1 comment:

Jane Jane said...

ya...i agree w u that we should always look at the brightside when bad things happen...as opposed to u, i believe in buddhism :) it says love those who hurt you as it makes u stronger, love those who abandon you because they make u a more independent person etc...:) jia you jia you