Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Technical Committee Meeting... TCM!

One of my challenging jobs in my current position in presenting my financial figures to my JV Partners. Ever since in join the Company, I have been told of this. Well, the first meeting that I had with Partners back in January 2008, it’s just merely sitting in…. watching my predecessor to present the figures… Wow… how nice right?? Enjoying the coffee of coffee bean… listening to the whole bunch of engineers talking… talk in their languague…. Hahha technical jargon! I actually dun seems to understand at all and dun bother to listen… Guess what, my predecessor was smart… he managed to skip his part of presentation saying the figures are almost the same with last quarter…. Trend also the same and hence the explanation also the same… so no need to present! I was like …”Huh? I am thinking of tapping your presentation skill during this time cos I know the next quarter, it’s a brand new year, Q1 2008 and I have to present on my own… and now you are skipping the presentation??? My goodness….

Finally, my nightmare comes…today is the day! I need to present in front of the Partners!! Well, how should I present? Should I read everything on the slide?? Should I read the figures out?? Orr…. Argh…. All sort of questions is in my mind…. Cos never seen the presentation before. And I really dunno what is their expectation! How detail they want it to be…. Sigh…. I have done all the homework…. Jot down all the important points and even write up my speech!! Imagine tat…. !!

Yesterday, went home late as I wan to have a last discussion with my team leader before the meeting tomolo… waited til 7pm, he finally comes out from a meeting with the Partners (the same Partners he and I going to meet again tomolo for a different meeting). The moment he step into my room he said “Those who will be in TCM tomolo sure kena whacked!) In my mind…. “Si Lo… this is my first meeting, and kena whacked?” After the discussion with team lead… I went off home…. At home… dun even bother to look at it again… cos I think, whatever will happen will happen no matter what…. So I watch TV and sleep…

Today!… I can’t sleep well…. Woke up at 5 am…. Too worried…. So I quickly go to the car and get the file… have a look at the slides again and again…. Then 630… I start to dress up… of cos in more formal office wear, with my jacket on… have been a while since the last time I wears the jacket in KPMG (luckily, still can fit in… no fat fat… hahha…)…. Hmmm.. putting on my contact lens (first time in shell wear contact lens to work) and also put on some eyes shadow and lipsticks… normally I dun put on for work… ok,… then I go…. Reach office 7 am…. Do the final homework…. Meeting starts at 8 am…

First see all the ppl present, I am already nervous….. my turn now… presenting to N partner….. bla bla bla…. Everyone seems to listening and understanding well…. Hhahah and got question for me somemore… manage to answer… some answer by the engineers la… heheheh

2 hrs later…. Presenting to PxxB now… hmm… this is more hectic and more slides to be presented….. and when it comes to a part when I need to pronounce UNBILICAL… I just can say it out properly.. It took me the third try to say it out… then one of the engineer (hmmm… quite a good looking guy) laughed! Hahha…. Me myself also laugh… hahha… well, tat make the situation better I guess…. Then I quickly run through the remaining slide… hahha then another one… UNBILICAL… hahha this time, I get it… cos not nervous anymore… hahaha….

Phew, everything goes smoothly….. I din kena whacked…. Just some of the project engineers kena whacked….

SmileyCentral.com

Sometimes, I really wonder… Shell, such a big company, need to act like PxxB and N’s slave! Why?? Well wat I can say its just because of the stupid P Act enacted in Malaysia, saying P owns all the hydrocarbon underneath the land of Malaysia…. Hahha… so we depends on P – holding company of PxxB to work in Malaysia lo… sigh…. Wat a XXX the govt is doing?? Protecting the WANTAN?

4 comments:

Jane Jane said...

sound very stressful to me...usually i just console myself saying tat this will be over soon...but still, don like the doing homework part...coz im a lazy bum ;p

Tracy said...

There are no easy make money... our paid are with sweat and blood!... i'm also don't like to doing any homework but force too... when dealt with the presentation.... i feel stress when i need to do presentation to the supplier :(

Alicia said...

need my hubby to teach you how to protect yourself during the whacking time???? he always kena WHACKED by those stupid jelly fish also.... sometimes he just bluff nonsense to them... u are only presentation, not yet until the meeting on solving problem... let me know if you need help from my hubby... i think he will show you the technique... yeah.. those WANTAN thought they are superior.. actually they are like SHIT.. talk big, never know how to do one....

Jennifer Kho said...

yalor.. have to do a lot of preparations just for one short presentation!

sw, ask ur hubby to teach all of us leh... with enough students, he could probably start a class of his own liao haha...